|Destination||Hyacinthe & Open Bays to Breton Islands|
|Date||20 Mar 2020, Friday; Vernal equinox|
|Trip Coordinator||Vic Gladish|
|Contact Infofirstname.lastname@example.org; 250-285-2111; (cell 250-287-0459). Please contact the coordinator in advance of the trip.|
|Description||Postponed since NY Day, we will now attempt to have our first group paddle of 2020, on the first day of spring!
We will put in on the first high tide of spring 2020, paddle the bays (Hyacinthe, Open, and Moulds) and the Breton Islands and find a sunny, south facing beach for an Equinox picnic.
If the forecast indicates that a Gowlland Harbour paddle would be safer, that will be our alternate plan for the day.
|Meeting Place||Len Road Shore Access at 08:00|
||Moderate – weather, winds and tides over a 3-5 hour day|
|Trip limits||8 kayaks (ie a double counts as 1)|
|Dogs?||Not sure how that would work?|
|Notes:||ALL paddlers MUST be equipped for ocean paddling in cooler weather. THIS MIGHT BE THE FIRST PADDLE SINCE LAST SUMMER FOR SOME OF YOU SO CHECK YOUR EQUIPMENT!! If you show up without required equipment you will most likely be turned back at the beach.
Please review Transport Canada paddling guidelines (https://qioutdoorclub.files.wordpress.com/2018/07/paddling-guidelines-aug2018.pdf). Having dry clothes waiting at the take out would be advisable. Bring water and lunch. The alternate plan, in the event of southeasterly winds, will be to put in at April Point and paddle into Gowlland Harbour.
The alternate, alternate plan will be to reschedule to Saturday or Sunday.